- Wartawan Nabalu News
COVID-19: NABAWAN REGISTERS NEW CLUSTER
4 June 2021
By Wartawan Nabalu News
KOTA KINABALU: A new Covid-19 cluster has emerged in Nabawan with a cumulative total of 11 positive cases.
Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun said the first case was detected on May 31 through BID screening in Keningau Hospital.
"The index case of a cluster was a 56-year-old person with disabilities. She exhibited symptoms such as cough and fever two days before she passed.
"The index case had been buried at the Kampung Pulutan graveyard in Sepulut on June 3," he said in a statement today.
Following the case, Masidi revealed that 97 close contacts have undergone Covid-19 screened with 10 of them testing positive while the rest of them are still awaiting results from their first screening.
"The positive cases have been referred to Keningau Hospital for further treatment and isolation in the quarantine centre.
"Based on an early investigation, the index case was believed to have contracted the virus during a wake ceremony in Kampung Pukutan from May 30-21."