• Wartawan Nabalu News

COVID-19: SABAH'S NEW CASES - 97 - DOWN TO TWO FIGURES

Updated: Feb 16


15 Feb 2021

By Ilona Andrew


KOTA KINABALU: Sabah registered 97 new coronavirus cases, taking its total infections to 51,429 and, the first day Covid-19 infections are down to two digits since October last year.


Sabah Covid-19 spokesperson Datuk Masidi Manjun said a total 52 of the new infections stemmed from close contact screening, 14 from symptomatic screening, 26 from existing clusters, three from ward pre-admittance, and two from other categories.

A total of 13 districts in Sabah did not report any new cases, namely Kota Marudu, Sandakan, Semporna, Kudat, Pitas, Telupid, Ranau, Tambunan, Beluran, Sipitang, Kuala Penyu, Tongod and Beaufort.


Meanwhile, Kota Kinabalu recorded the highest number of new cases with 26 cases, followed by Kalabakan (15), Tawau (nine), Papar (eight), Kota Belud (eight), Kinabatangan (eight), Penampang (six), Putatan (five), Keningau (four), Lahad Datu (three), Nabawan (two), as well as Tenom, Kunak and Tuaran each with one case.


"Today, a total of 170 Covid-19 patients have recovered and were discharged, bringing the tally of statewide recoveries to 49,538.

"Nine-hundred and sixty-four patients are still receiving treatment with 387 in the hospitals, 573 in the Quarantine and Low-Risked Treatment centres, and three in the temporary detention centre," he said during a media conference here, today.


"A total of 62 patients are currently in the intensive care unit (ICU) with 19 requiring ventilator support," he added.


Masidi said, no new Covid-19 cluster was reported today but an additional of one death was registered today in Keningau.