EMCO IN NABAWAN VILLAGES EXTENDED FOR ANOTHER 14 DAYS
11 Mar 2021
By Ilona Andrew
KOTA KINABALU: Kampung Sinsingon and Kampung Lotong in Nabawan will be placed under Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) for another 14 days following the emergence of more Covid-19 cases.
The EMCO of both the villages which recorded a cumulative total of 81 positive cases so far was supposed to be ended tomorrow, said Sabah Covid-19 spokesperson Datuk Masidi Manjun.
"The government has decided to extend the EMCO period from March 13 to March 26 after a joint risk assessment was conducted by various agencies and the Movement Control Order (MCO) Technical Committee, in line with the federal government's move," he said in a statement here, today.
Masidi who is also Minister of Local Government and Housing added that a total of 674 close contacts have been screened by the Ministry of Health.
"There are a total of 322 remaining test samples still awaiting results. More positive cases were also reported among the residents at these locatilities," he said.
The villages were first placed under a 14-day EMCO from February 27 following a spike in Covid-19 cases linked to the Sinsingon cluster.