top of page
  • Writer's pictureIlona Andrew

Covid-19: 19,495 daily cases recorded nationwide

15 Sept 2021

By Ilona Andrew

KUALA LUMPUR: The number of daily Covid-19 cases in Malaysia shot to 19,495 today after consistently recording a decline in caseload for the past few days.

The latest addition has pushed the nationwide cumulative total of Covid-19 cases to 2,030,935, said Health Director-General Tan Sri Noor Hisham Abdullah.

Of the total cases today, 11 (five locals, six foreigners) are imported while the rest are local cases (17,860 locals, 1,624 foreigners).

Of the total cases, 98.2 per cent of the patients (15,386 cases) are identified in Category One and Two while the rest of the 1.8 per cent (283 cases) are in Category Three, Four and Five.

At the moment, there are 1,272 patients that are currently treated in the intensive care unit (ICU) while 641 patients require ventilator support.

Meanwhile, a total of 18,760 patients have recovered from Covid-19 today, bringing the cumulative total of nationwide recoveries to 1,783,339.

A total of 25 new Covid-19 clusters have been identified and across the nation as of today, there are 1,424 active clusters.


bottom of page