top of page
  • nabalunews

EMCO IN KAMPUNG TIMBANG DAYANG, KOTA BELUD FROM TOMORROW


4 JAN 2021


KUALA LUMPUR: The Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) will be implemented in Kampung Timbang Dayang, Kota Belud, Sabah from tomorrow until Jan 18, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said the EMCO is to facilitate control and prevention action in the field and to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the local community.

"The special meeting today heard the presentation of the Health Ministry (MOH) on the increase in positive COVID-19 cases in Kampung Timbang Dayang, Kota Belud. As of Dec 31, 2020, MOH has conducted 207 screenings and detected 24 positive cases.

"Based on the advice and risk assessment of MOH, today’s special meeting agreed to enforce the EMCO in Kampung Timbang Dayang," he said in a statement on the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO), which entered its 209th day today.

He also announced the lifting of the EMCO at the Jasin Correctional Centre and government staff quarters today after daily reports of active cases showed a declining trend, with the situation being brought under control and no pending results on test samples.

"So far MOH has completed 737 screenings and cumulatively 281 positive COVID-19 cases have been recorded," he said.

On enforcement on the COVID-19 standard operating procedure (SOP), Ismail Sabri said 466 individuals were arrested yesterday for violating the Movement Control Order (MCO), with 463 being issued compound notices and two remanded.

The offenses included participating in entertainment centre activities (187), failing to practise physical distancing (110), not wearing face masks (90), not providing equipment for recording particulars of customers (62), and others (17).

On Op Benteng, he said 24 illegal immigrants were arrested and six land vehicles seized yesterday.

He also said from July 24 until yesterday, 97,758 individuals had returned to the country and they were placed in 76 hotels and 17 public training institutes and private education institutions throughout the country.

"Of this number, 7,673 individuals are undergoing compulsory quarantine, 540 were sent to the hospital for treatment and 89,545 allowed to return home,” he added. -Bernama

bottom of page