top of page
  • Writer's pictureIlona Andrew

Nationwide Covid-19 cases exceed 2 million


Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham

14 Sept 2021

By Ilona Andrew


KUALA LUMPUR: The cumulative total of Covid-19 cases in Malaysia has exceeded two million with 15,669 new cases recorded today, pushing the tally to 2,011,440.


Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said of the total cases today, 17 (seven locals, 10 foreigners) are imported while the rest are local cases (14,169 locals, 1,483 foreigners).


"Of the total cases recorded today, 98.2 per cent of the patients (15,386 cases) are identified in Category One and Two while the rest of the 1.8 per cent (283 cases) are in Category Three, Four and Five.


"At the moment, there are 1,266 patients that are currently treated in the intensive care unit (ICU) while 689 patients require ventilator support," he said in a statement today.


Meanwhile, a total of 18,053 patients have recovered from Covid-19 today, bringing the cumulative total of nationwide recoveries to 1,764,579.


A total of 29 new Covid-19 clusters have been identified and across the nation as of today, there are 1,448 active clusters.

bottom of page